the gathering will be relatively informal, with a simple agenda:
- WIL and employability in Physics degrees; past and future
- Report of outcomes of previous ACSME discipline days
- Advance call for nominations for Chair of AIP PEG (to be decided at AIP congress)
Here are a few questions to think about before tomorrow. Please feel free to email me any responses (firstname.lastname@example.org) and to invite anyone you think appropriate to do the same.
- Do you have complete records of where your physics students go after they graduate?
- Can we pool this information nationally to get a picture of employment outcomes?
- Has this already been done?
- We talk in general terms about how employable our students-what evidence do we have?
- What do you tell Parents at open day?
- If you had to get a new job outside the University sector tomorrow, where would you apply?
Look forward to seeing you there.